Take a stand for investors
Vanguard’s Emerging Leader Development Program is an immersive, hands-on experience where you’ll embark on your path to leadership at one of the world’s leading investment firms. This is a unique opportunity to become the leader you were meant to be, working on key assignments that have an impact on the financial success of our clients. Discover an exciting career as you advance our mission and make contributions that impact our twenty million investors, worldwide.
In this program you will:
- Experience a holistic view of the business through four six-month rotations across the Vanguard enterprise
- Develop essential leadership skills as you work alongside extraordinary guides in a range of subject areas and receive thorough coaching and mentorship from senior management
- Engage in complex projects that will be presented to key leadership and influence the financial futures of our investors
- Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of like-minded professionals working to do what’s right for the client
- Gain confidence in navigating the ambiguities of the industry as you identify problems, recommend solutions, and improve how the business functions
Kickstart a career that counts
Do you have a passion to lead and positively influence others? The Emerging Leader Development Program is an opportunity to step into your full potential as a confident, capable, and engaging leader under the guidance of top industry leadership. The rotational nature of this program provides accelerated learning with exposure to tools, strategies, and connections that empower participants to thrive. Our goal is to promote that growth and prepare participants to utilize those tools and strategies learned within the enterprise to become the next group of successful Vanguard leaders.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree. All majors are considered
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong professional demeanor to effectively interact with internal crew, prospects, shareholders, and management
- Exceptional organizational agility and attention to detail
- Initiative and passion to work independently
- Ability to effectively lead multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently
- Flexibility, strong decision-making skills, and effective time management skills
- Proven ability to work with attention to detail under tight time constraints
- Familiarity with MS Office
Certifications we’re searching for:
- Ability to successfully pass the SIE and obtain the FINRA Series 7 & 63 Licenses
- The ideal candidate is an early career professional or graduating college senior
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role
- Please note that the start date for this program will be in Summer 2022
- Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result and a background check
- Ability to travel
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.