Are you interested in the creation, writing, and editing of many types of content? Do you excel at drafting and prioritizing content to meet audience needs? The Google Workspace Platform Team at Trimble is looking to add a creative and enthusiastic part-time writing intern in our Dayton, OH location.
This position is for a paid part-time internship with The Google Workspace Platform Team in our Dayton, OH location. Candidates should be active students that are studying English, Communications, Creative Writing, Technical Writing, Marketing, or a related field.
- Create and edit the training and informational content that adheres to company guidelines and standards used by Trimble staff worldwide. This includes editing for grammar and punctuation as well as appropriate graphics selection and placement.
- Create articles for the Google Workspace Training Hub and internal documentation.
- Adhere to and adjust the content calendar to reflect strategy and availability.
- Use your analytical skills to understand and develop a framework for authoring comprehensive user guides for the Google Workspace Platform.
- Test product features and review existing articles to ensure documentation is correct.
- Follow and contribute to the team process for reviewing, removing, or adding new documentation.
- Create, train, and review our product and support documentation processes and standards.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior at an accredited college or university studying English, Communications, Creative Writing, Technical Writing, Marketing, or a related field.
- Must have a general understanding and working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Must be able to write creatively and with strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn very quickly.
- Must be able to work cohesively and collaborate in a team environment.
- Previous work experience in Technical Writing is a plus but not required.
You MUST submit 4-6 writing samples showcasing your best work in order to be considered for this position.