POSITION SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Merchant Payment Associate is responsible for providing reconciliation support to the Treasury Department while completing a variety of accounting functions such as bank account reconciliation, preparing journal entries, documentation for balance sheet reconciliations, variance research, etc.
The Merchant Payment Associate will also be responsible for assisting the Treasury Department with the following:
· Daily monitoring of merchant payment activity
· Research for exception-based items
· Provide detailed support for transaction processing requests
· Month-end close process
· Compile and organize data for reports
· Reconcile monthly bank statements to the general ledger as assigned
· Record monthly journal entries to the general ledger
· Gather supporting documentation for balance sheet reconciliations
· Help with special projects as needed
· Assist with year-end audit requests
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
Experience: 2 or more years in Accounting/Finance and/or Banking industry preferred
Computer Skills: Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Outlook; Experience with Microsoft AX, ReconNET and Certification a plus.
This job description includes essential functions and basic duties and is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate. This document is not a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.