Selby/Artists Mgmt seeks Executive Assistant Intern
(New York, NY)
Summary: Selby/Artists MGMT is seeking a highly organized, confident person to provide administrative support as well as execute a variety of special projects in a fast-paced work environment. Under the direction of President Margaret Selby, the Executive Assistant Intern will have the opportunity to learn and experience the inner workings of artist management. The Executive Assistant Intern must thrive on problem-solving, be able to roll with the unexpected and be excited to learn and grow with our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Providing administrative support to the President and additional office staff members
- Updating and maintaining contact databases and video/photo archives
- Working with the team as well as independently on special projects – including marketing, press releases, research and development, grant writing, and budgets.
- Scheduling and organizing calendar events, internal/external meetings, and travel
- Routing incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries
- Answering primary office phone, professionally and with extreme customer care
- Working with high-profile clients
- Providing general administrative support to the office, including ordering office supplies and record-keeping
- Periodically working with the contracts/artists services and booking teams
- Be hard-working, energetic, and unflappable
- Have at least 1 year of professional experience in an office setting
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintain consistent, professional, and confident telephone etiquette – this is a must
- Be able to work independently and in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal/communication skills
- Be ready to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Have a close attention to detail
- Be able to effectively organize time, anticipate, plan and manage multiple priorities with deadlines
- Have experience in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Adobe Suite, Accounting Software, Social Media Platforms
- Have a passion for the performing arts
- Second language: Spanish, French, German or Chinese a plus.
This position is on-site and takes place in our midtown-based office. This part-time position is open immediately. The schedule will be flexible, but mornings are preferred. 5hrs/day M-F. In instances of required quarantine, this position may work remotely. Physical effort is light, with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently.