The Kao E-Commerce team is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, and resourceful Shopper Marketing Intern. In this role, you would come alongside our E-Commerce team as a trailblazer propelling growth for our customers: Amazon, Instacart, Walmart.com, Target.com, all other B&M.com accounts, and potential emergent partners as the industry expands. In the daily work of supporting these customers, you would also actively build partnerships among various teams within the organization: Brand Marketing, Trade Strategy, Creative Marketing, and Field Sales.
At Kao, we embrace the spirit of Genba or being closest to the consumer. Each member of our E-Commerce team values this sentiment as the foundation of all our efforts. In this way, the internship spans beyond a typical “marketing” or “sales” role. You would get to know and love our brands, customers, and consumers. In doing so, you would serve as a vital support in commercializing an e-commerce channel strategy and accelerating future growth.
- Catalog Content and Syndication Ownership:
- Manage the optimization and daily maintenance of our e-commerce catalog via our third party platform, Salsify.
- Collaborate with our external partners to ensure all items (new and current) are correctly loaded and published to retailers’ sites.
- Leverage the insight tools to propose tactical recommendations, identify potential gaps, and work collaboratively to optimize the portfolio accordingly.
- Reporting and Analytical Support:
- Using primary and secondary data, conduct analyses that provide better understanding of shoppers both holistically and by brand.
- Measure and analyze the success of new product launches.
- Strengthen Kao’s E-commerce Knowledge:
- Conduct competitive landscape audits to share best-in-class tactics among cutting edge e-commerce players.
- Engage in on-the-job learning with cross functional teams and attend virtual webinars or conferences with industry leaders.
- Support Amazon Search Strategy:
o Help support the development of monthly search performance metrics by brand.
o Analyze current search strategies, track monthly spend, and identify potential areas for each brand to increase sales and maximize ROI.
o Support our search agency partners in their reporting and communication to the brand teams.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree or enrolled in a Master’s program
- Relevant areas of study include: Marketing, General Business, Finance or other that lend themselves to analytical thinking
- High degree of comfort with leveraging PowerPoint and Excel
- Prior internship experience in a marketing or sales environment in the CPG industry is preferred but not required.
- Strategic thinker, detail-oriented
- Demonstrated leader with strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week for the next 3-6 mos.