B&D’s internship opportunities give students and recent graduates real world experience and exposure to one of the nation’s premier Real Estate Advisory Firms and ENR’s Top 50 Program Management Firms. This is a remote internship opportunity based out of our Austin, TX office.
The B&D team is comprised of ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, and entrepreneurial professionals; but what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our college, university or municipal clients on how to best position their assets to derive maximum benefit for the organization. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
We are searching for thinker-doers who are intellectually curious, self-motivated, and willing to take risks to advance their own professional development. As a member of the firm, you should be prepared to work directly with leaders in the industry, on highly visible projects, in a fast-paced environment. Each role contributes to the team’s ability to execute strategic planning, market analyses, financial modeling, and an implementation plan to deliver outcomes-based results. Your work will directly enable our clients’ actions to better provide for an organization’s key stakeholders—something we find to be meaningful and invigorating, and that we hope inspires you as well!
Reporting to an associate, the intern will play a dynamic role on the project team by focusing on research, data analytics and synthesis for client engagements while supporting overall project management activities.
All B&D internships have the potential to convert to full-time positions.
- Perform data collection and analysis (including research, focus group leading and reporting, in-person interviews, telephone interviews, survey design and analysis, space planning, financial modeling, and Internet research) to gain market insights with purpose and precision.
- Synthesize, translate and effectively communicate complicated information to prepare clients for effective decision-making.
- Develop accurate and organized presentation decks, financial models and other project deliverables to support the team’s effective storytelling and development of recommendations, as well as the decision-making of institutions.
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external contacts to support the project team in critical thinking and the development of recommendations.
- Deliver with quality control and client satisfaction activities specific to his/her assigned projects.
- Furthering the company’s research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing models, and discovering improved ways of doing business.
- Perform other duties as assigned with the effort and skills necessary to contribute to our continued growth.
- Must be a fourth year undergraduate or graduate student studying urban planning, real estate, finance, or related field.
- Directly related work or internship experience in real estate, urban planning, finance, construction (if related to the development process), economic development, research/analysis.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent writer’s and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with the firm’s project types, general project management concepts and methodologies, and industry knowledge.
- Resourcefulness in gathering and organizing data and information.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment, exemplifying grit and grace under pressure.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and risk taking.
- Aptitude and self-motivation for continuous learning, professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated self-awareness and assertiveness.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as collaboratively in a group setting.
- Excellent oral, group facilitation, presentation and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with real estate, finance, and accounting principles.
- Clear support for the firm’s mission, values, and operating paradigm.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, cultural, disability and ethical backgrounds and sensitivity to/knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves: routing calls, troubleshooting, or providing information.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment; moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Office equipment/computers 8 hrs per day.
- Sitting at desk or table up to 6 hrs per day
- Standing or walking
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Eye-hand coordination (keyboard typing)
- Hearing and talking
- Extended periods of reading fine print.
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing)